Lots of hard work was done, moving plants to use the land more efficiently, moving compost and some urgent maintenance on one of the polytunnel doors.
Spidiferous roots and rhubarb
We’ve decided that the area where the rhubarb and aspargus is currently located would be better as another pig pen and hopefully loading area for the pigs.
Rob takes a break
Rob spent a large part of the day doing the back-breaking task of shifting manure from one compost heap to another further up the site, so a little levity was well deserved.
Repaired the door to the polytunnel.
Unfortunately our polytunnel door had blown shut in the wind so violently that the glass in the lower part of the door smashed and damaged the frame too. So we removed the upper glass section, re-inforced the frame and wrapped it in plastic sheet.
Too many tables
Something of a running joke/irritation is the number of tables that have accumulated in the roundhouse, I think there were 7 or 8 at one point. Time to reduce the number a bit!
Clearly not toxic waste in the sense of waste from any manufacturing process, but the inside of this IBC (Intermediate Bulk Container) looks like it could be (I’m Asha will tell me in great detail if I’m wrong). This is supposed to be the water supply (euw yuk) for our next batch of pigs which will arrive shortly!